Protect Your Possessions With Renters Insurance
Your landlord’s insurance policy covers the building structure and any appliances or furnishings they own inside, but it does not cover your possessions. Many renters don’t realize what their personal possessions are really worth. In fact, your stuff is probably more valuable than you think! Just think about all of the items you own and what you would hate to lose, such as:
- Your phone
- Your TV, computer or other electronic equipment
- Musical instruments
- Sporting equipment
If you rent an apartment, condo, home or even dorm room, you may need renters insurance to protect your possessions from theft or damage. Certain items like expensive jewelry, instruments and electronic equipment may require additional insurance coverage to receive full reimbursement in cases of theft or damage. Personal Express offers add-ons for extra coverage to protect any high-value items you own.
What Does Renters Insurance Cover?
With a renters insurance policy from Personal Express, your belongings can be protected if it’s ever compromised due to certain causes, or “named perils”, which are clearly stated in your policy. Named perils include, but are not limited to:
- Smoke damage
- Water damage
Personal Express renters insurance also includes:
- Liability protection, which can cover accidental damage to someone else’s property, as well as medical expenses for a visitor who is injured on your property.
- Personal property coverage, which can cover the cost of repairing or replacing clothing, furniture, electronics and other items, up to the limits of your policy.
- Additional living expenses, which can pay for hotel bills, food and other expenses if your home is ever deemed uninhabitable.
Save Money On Renters Insurance With These Discounts
It’s so important to protect your belongings. Renters insurance is already affordable, but Personal Express offers so many ways to save you even more money:
- Multi-policy discount
- Protective device credits
- Claim-free discount
- Deductible options (earn a credit by selecting a deductible higher than the base deductible)
Learn More About Renters Insurance
Insurance doesn’t have to be complicated. Your friendly, local Personal Express insurance agent is here to help you determine the cost of your belongings and find best type of coverage for your needs and budget. Talk to an agent in your neighborhood or call us at 1-800-499-3612 for more information.